What we provide:
- We offer information and guidance to parents, partners and friends of dyslexics as well as dyslexic people themselves. Call our helpline numbers or e-mail us.
- Exam workshop and access arrangements
- Screenings for children, young people and adults.
- Literacy, numeracy, hand writing and touch typing classes for children and young people.
- Study and homework skills 6 week course, January 2016
- Next Step Adult educational support classes.
- Adults with dyslexia monthly meet-up
- Working with adults
- Organise and run awareness days and conferences.
- Hold public meetings with speakers on topics related to dyslexia.
- Run training sessions at schools and work with them to support you in your concerns about education.
- Run an annual Transition Summer Club for primary children entering secondary school
Don’t forget …
WFDA is a small charity overseen by a Board of Trustees. Our services are run by carefully vetted freelance tutors and we employ 2 part time members of staff ( school term time only) and one administrative volunteer, any other volunteers work ad hoc.
Although we are affiliated to the British Dyslexia Association we receive no funding from them so any money we have is generated by funding applications, fundraising or by parental contributions at our classes. The money is spent on ensuring that we continue to provide our services. To keep costs down we do not run an office instead our staff work from their homes. Please respect this and contact them within the times stated and be patient if we do not get back to you straight away as we are stretched to capacity.