Classes we run
We run small, individualised support classes on Tuesday evenings (term time only) at George Mitchell (Through) School, Farmer Road, Leyton, E10 5DN.
- Ages from 7 – 16 years for primary & secondary school age dyslexic students.
- Students are taught in groups of up to 4 students with similar needs.
- Literacy & Numeracy * for children with similar needs: 50 minute class at 4.00pm, 5.00pm & 6.00pm (£14.00 per class)
- Touch-typing classes for dyslexic people and anyone with writing difficulties: 50 minute class at 5.00pm or 6.00pm (£6.00 per class)
- Handwriting for dyslexic and/or dyspraxic students: 50 minute class at 6.00pm (£14.00 per class)
As these are small classes we do have a waiting list, to be put on the waiting list, please contact our Co-ordinator, Karen Sparkes at:-
Email WFDACofirstname.lastname@example.org or
Telephone number: 07852 232 509
(office hours 10 – 3pm Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday during term time only).
* Criteria for students at classes: Students with dyslexia only, the student is unable to start the literacy or numeracy class until they have either produced a formal indication of dyslexia or has demonstrated that they have clear indications of dyslexia difficulties.
Students may be put on both the numeracy or literacy waiting lists however when offered a place in either subject their decision on accepting the literacy or numeracy place will result them being taken off the list in the other subject. If student has a high level of need their school is to be approached via the parent for literacy or numeracy support within the school either by a WFDA tutor or the private list of dyslexia qualified tutors or from school’s discretion.
For further information please follow the link: Tuesday night Classes