Spaces in our Touch Typing Classes
Touch typing: 50 minute class at 5.00pm or 6.00pm (£6.00 per class) (Combined literacy, numeracy or handwriting with typing – £18 per the two classes)
Benefits of joining our touch typing class
- Your writing is easier to read.
- Properly learnt typing can be faster than handwriting.
- Your hand/arm won’t get so tired. Typing is usually much less stressful.
- Spelling patterns can be easier to learn. Confusions such as b/d and u/n are removed since it’s the learnt position of the letters that is used, not their orientation.
- It’s easier to construct sentences correctly when the speed of writing is closer to the speed of thinking
- Many people with writing and/or spelling difficulties find typing much easier than handwriting. Exams such as SATs, GCSEs, and degrees can often be typed rather than hand-written.
If you are interested in your child attending please contact me as soon as possible.
New Handwriting or Study & Homework Skills Course
Handwriting is a 12 week course specifically designed to help support children with dyslexia. Cursive handwriting will be taught. This continuous flowing, joined-up-style of writing, rather than printing out the letters is preferable for students with dyslexia.
Study & Homework Skills is a 6 week course which covers getting organised, time management, setting goals, improving memory skills, improving reading skills, seeking help when needed, handling stress, looking after yourself and understanding that learning can be fun.
These Classes will be at our normal venue, George Mitchell School Secondary Site, Farmer Road, Leyton, E10 5DN on a Tuesday during term time at 6pm for one hour. The cost is £14 per session, payable at the start of each half-term.
If you are interested in your child attending either of these courses please contact me as soon as possible as there are limited places available. Depending on numbers will depend on which course we run.
Waltham Forest Dyslexia Association (WFDA)
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (10am to 3pm during term time)
Telephone Number: 07852 232 509
Class Award Ceremony
Thank you to everyone that came to our Class Award Night and all who were involved to make it such a fun night. £353 was raised.A-L-Entertainment again this year provided a Bucking Bronco, Sumo Outfits, Bouncy castle and Bungee Race Inflatable and only charged us £200 from our Jack Petchey Foundation award money.
‘A-L Entertainment is happy to support your yearly event. Your organisation is one that we feel do an exceptional service for the community.
‘Thanks for allowing us to be part of your ceremony.’